With the uncertain economic conditions and closure of physical office spaces due to social distancing restrictions, many employers are hesitant to commit to internship placements at a time when their business is rapidly changing to adapt to the crisis. In response to these exceptional circumstances, we remain committed to helping you engage with employers in safe and valuable work-integrated learning opportunities. As an alternative to traditional in-company internship, we are offering the opportunity to engage in project-based virtual internships provided by our network of host companies.
We encourage you to take part in our Virtual Industry Project Internship Program from the comfort of your home using collaboration platforms such as Zoom and Slack. You will have access to “always on” video or chat meeting room on Skype to encourage questions and interaction.
The internship will run for 12 weeks, after which you may be considered for employment by the host company. In absence of job offer, you will get a glowing reference from your supervisor and certificate of work experience from STUDYANDWORK.
Paid or Unpaid
Virtual internships are unpaid training opportunities, but some host companies can pay a prize money upon achievement of project objectives.
You can utilise the internship to claim academic credits for your university degree or simply do it for your professional development.
Our Virtual Industry Project Internship Program cost $990+GST which you pay only when you accept the internship offer after successful interview with host company. The fee is for finding a suitable host company, organising internship agreement, training plan and managing placement as per Fair Work Ombudsman’s guidelines for internship. If you are unable to afford our fees, we also have internship opportunities at free of cost but you have to compete with other interns for placement.
Currently, we have internship opportunities in:
- Digital marketing
- Web design
- Software development
- Software testing
- Financial analysis
- Business analysis
- Market analysis
- Content writing
- Design engineering
- and more.
Start anytime. You can work between 3 to 5 days per week depending on your availability.
We only work with those host companies who provide supportive learning experience and are committed to achieve win-win situation.
Why should I do an internship through Study and Work?
- We are the only internship provider in the market who provides internships with Satisfaction Guarantee. It means, we will organise a replacement internship if the host company does not provide meaningful and relevant work experience that benefits you.
- We will try our best to convince the host company to offer you a job if you are productive during the internship. 40% of our interns get job offer from the host company!
- We have placed more than 5,000 interns in over 2,000 host companies since 2007, with 99% of interns happy with our placement service. Please check out our Google reviews at: https://goo.gl/bwahJc
- Submit resume via online application here
- Email video application
- Research internship opportunity and host company
- Attend Zoom interview with the supervisor at host company
- Accept internship offer
- Make payment and sign internship agreement
- Start internship on the agreed date
- Virtual onboarding via Zoom
- Discuss and finalise training plan, project objectives and milestones with supervisor
- Participate in the industry project
Why wait? Apply Now
When fishermen cannot go to the sea, they mend their nets. This is the best time to gain new skills & industry experience needed to become competitive in the job market which will boom once COVID crisis is over.
We request you to prepare a 10 minute video footage of yourself addressing the following questions and send it to us. We will show it to prospective host companies during the matching process.
- Why are you interested in completing a virtual internship?
- Why have you chosen your field of study?
- What challenges do you expect to encounter and overcome during a virtual internship?
- How have you successfully worked in a team before?
- What skills and experiences will you bring to the table and how will you apply them to your internship?
The video application was chosen because virtual connections will be the main component of a virtual internship. Your ability to show understanding of new platforms, engage with a digital media, and feel comfortable on the screen will be crucial to a successful virtual internship. It is best if you could send the video application via Google Drive to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to finding you an internship of your choice.
We welcome applications from all over the world! Feel free to contact us should you have any queries.