Our Professional Internship Program leads to a win-win-win situation as it is good for the interns, good for your business and good for Australia's skill building!
Intern gains valuable real world experience and a chance to prove their skills.
Your business gains an extra pair of helping hands and satisfaction of helping someone with their career readiness skills.
Australia gains a skilled worker who starts contributing towards our economic growth.
We help university students and graduates enter the industry by tapping into their skills to meet the needs of Australian businesses cost-effectively and efficiently. Our Professional Internship Program will give you an opportunity to assess the skills, talent and insights of high achieving and career ready graduates at low financial costs and hiring risks.
- We will source suitable interns who will work for your business under supervision for 12 weeks to gain work experience related to their degree qualification.
- Your business will not be responsible for payment of their salary and entitlements because the internship placement does not constitute the employer-employee relationship between your business and intern. However, if your business is going to benefit more than the intern, they must be employed as a staff.
- We will organise internship agreement with training plan and necessary insurances so that both the parties’ expectations are met, are fully covered for risks and become part of a genuine work experience program that meets the guidelines of Fair Work Ombudsman.
- You will gain an extra pair of helping hands for 12 weeks whilst you help them with their career readiness skills.
- The natural eagerness of truly serious interns to get into the ‘real world’ and practice some part of what they learned at university make them a genuine asset almost immediately.
- By delegating basic tasks to interns, your staff will have more time to focus on more productive tasks.
- By providing training and feedback to interns, your staff will develop their supervisory skills.
- Interns can be seamlessly converted into your staff by employing them as soon as they become productive team members.
- Interns who become your staff cost less in terms of salary and they are usually loyal because you are changing their life by giving the precious opportunity.
- We take care of all the paperwork hassles and insurances for your peace of mind.
Currently, we have interns who are looking for work experience in mainly business & commerce, information technology and engineering disciplines. They can assist you in the following areas:
- financial analysis,
- digital marketing,
- human resources management,
- project management,
- supply chain management,
- business planning,
- business analysis,
- software development,
- software testing,
- database development,
- system administration,
- application support,
- website design,
- graphic design,
- quality assurance,
- design engineering,
- site engineering,
- process engineering,
- product design,
- data science, and more
To be lawful, businesses need to ensure that the intern or work experience participant is not an employee. According to Fair Work Ombudsman, work experience arrangement or internship is when a person works for a business to gain experience in a particular occupation or industry. These arrangements can be a valuable way for prospective employees to make the transition from study to work or explore a new career path. Sometimes these arrangements span several months and can lead to ongoing employment.
An unpaid internship can be lawful if it is a vocational placement or if there is no employment relationship found to exist. In particular:
- The intern is permitted to perform "productive" activities as long as such tasks are part of their learning experience,
- The main benefit of the arrangement should be to the intern, and
- it must be clear that the intern is receiving a meaningful learning experience, training or skill development.
We make sure that the main benefit of our genuine work placement flows to the intern. We provide them with a satisfaction guarantee. We have proper grievance policies in place to deal with possible dissatisfactions during the internship.
We are proud to inform you that Budding Talents Recruitment was approached by Fair Work Ombudsman in 2010 and 2018 to investigate whether our internship program is breaching any of the workplace laws. After auditing our placement process thoroughly and considering the fact that there were no concerns lodged against Budding Talents Recruitment with Fair work Ombudsman till date, Fair Work Ombudsman announced that Budding Talents Recruitment is meeting its obligations under the Commonwealth workplace laws and no further action would be taken. This is a proof that we operate with honesty and integrity, and we are fully compliant.
We have two types of interns:
- Unpaid Interns: We will source quality interns suitable for the position who have the necessary skills, qualification, and willingness to learn.
- Paid Interns/Staff: We will source the best staff possible vetted thoroughly on the basis of your position requirements so they can be productive almost immediately.
It will cost you nothing as the interns are either self-funding or their education provider is covering our placement fee.
Please contact us on 1300 79 80 69 to discuss your requirements or simply complete the Intern Request Form online. We will source a number of suitable interns for your consideration. Upon successful interview, we will organise their internship agreement and insurances to let them join your team on the agreed start date.
We have placed more than 5,000 interns in over 2,000 Australian and multinational businesses since 2007. You can also create an internship position to take part in this exciting internship program that leads to win-win-win situation as it is good for interns, good for your business and good for Australia’s skills-building.
We look forward to finding you a star intern!