Employ a Trainee with wage subsidy
We are talent acquisition specialists with expertise in hiring support staff. If you are looking to hire support staff, we have great news for you! There has never been a better time to hire them under an Australian Government’s initiative - Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements and receive up to $28,000 in wage subsidy.
What is Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements?
Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements is a government wage subsidy to encourage employers of any size or industry, Australia-wide, to take on new trainees.
How much incentive will you receive?
Eligible employers can apply for a wage subsidy of 50 per cent of the trainee’s gross wage paid for a 12-month period from the date of commencement to a maximum of $7,000 per quarter. Payments will be made quarterly in arrears into the employer’s nominated bank account. In addition to this, employers may be eligible for a further $4,000 in traineeship completion incentives on top of the wage subsidy.
How can your business be eligible?
Employers of any size, or industry, Australia-wide may be eligible if:
• You hire a new employee as a trainee between now until 30 June 2022, and
• The new employee undertakes a Certificate III or higher qualification and has a training contract that is formally approved by the state training authority.
What kind of trainee staff are available?
Trainees come from various backgrounds:
• Young school leavers who want to enter the workforce instead of joining a university degree.
• Adults professionals who are looking to change their careers.
• Permanent skilled migrants who want to revive their career in Australia.
How much salary should you pay trainee staff?
You decide how much salary you want to pay to the trainee staff as per the award wage guidelines. We recommend that you pay between $45,000 and $56,000 including superannuation to attract the best talent.
When will wage subsidy payments be available?
The eligible employers will be able to submit a claim for the wage subsidy payments in arrears on 1 July 2022, 1 October 2022, 1 January 2023, 1 April 2023, 1 July 2023.
How are payments made?
All program payments will be paid directly to the recipient’s nominated bank account when you provide accurate and regular wage reporting through Single Touch Payroll System.
Is there a limit on how many trainees can you hire?
Employers can receive a wage subsidy under this program for any number of trainees, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
Can you sign up existing employees under traineeship?
Yes, you can if:
• You have employed them full-time in the last 90 days or moved from part-time or casual to full-time.
• You have employed them part-time in the last 12 months or moved them from casual to part-time.
They can be any age, any position in your business and already have other qualifications.
What traineeship courses are available?
The following courses are available for traineeship which can upgrade to Diploma or Advanced Diploma level.
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping - Accounts Officer
Certificate IV in Business - Office Managers
Certificate IV in Business Administration - Business Administration Managers
Certificate IV in Business (Business Development) - Sales Representatives
Certificate IV in Customer Engagement - Customer Service Manager
Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business - Corporate Services Manager
Certificate IV in Human Resource Management - Human Resource Assistant
Certificate IV in Logistics and Warehousing Operations - Warehouse Administrator
Certificate IV in Business (Marketing Focus) - Marketing Assistant
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management - Office Manager
Certificate IV in Procurement and contracting - Purchasing Officer
Certificate IV in Project Management Practice - Project Administrator
Certificate IV in Legal Services - Legal Assistant
Certificate IV in Information Technology - ICT Support Technicians
Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking - Network Administrator
Certificate IV in Information Technology Support ICT - Customer Support Officer
Certificate IV in Cyber Security - ICT Support Technicians
Certificate IV in Telecommunications Engineering Technology - Telecommunications Technician
Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) - Building Associate
Certificate IV in Civil Construction Design - Civil Engineering Draftsperson
Certificate IV in Civil Construction Operations & Supervision - Building Associate (Civil)
Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting - Mechanical Engineering Draftspersons
Certificate IV in Dental Assisting - Dental Assistant
Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting - Medical Receptionist
Certificate IV in Health Administration - Health Practice Manager
Certificate IV in Allied Heath Assistance - Therapy Aide
Certificate IV in Community Services - Community Worker
Certificate IV in Disability - Disabilities Services Officer
Certificate III in Commercial Cookery - Cook/Chef
Certificate III in Hospitality - Restaurant Manager
How much does the traineeship course cost?
The traineeship courses cost between $0 and $7,500 depending on whether they are subsidised by the State Governments. We will help you select the right course and registered training provider who offers value and flexible delivery and payment options.
How can we help?
We can help you source, screen, interview and select the best trainee staff to hire under a traineeship program. We will take care of the following:
• Job Advertising
• Screening and Interviewing
• Aptitude and Attitude Testing
• Reference Checking
• Sign-up and Registration – We will organise an Apprenticeship Network Provider to sign up your new trainee staff and register their training contract with the relevant State Training Authority.
• Course Enrolment – We will assist new trainee staff to select the right course for their job and enrol in a Registered Training Organisation.
How much do we charge?
• We charge a recruitment fee of $3,000+GST upon successful placement. Our wide talent pool and thorough screening and testing process means you’ll only see the highest quality candidates for the role. If the trainee staff is not suitable or leaves within the first 3 months, we will find a replacement at no extra cost.
• If you want to sign up an eligible existing employee, we charge a facilitation fee of just $1,500+GST upon successful sign-up.
How to get started?
Please note that this extremely rare and generous government incentive scheme will expire on 30 June 2022. Hurry!!
Please contact us on 1300 79 80 69 to discuss your business needs or simply complete the online Staff Request Form. We look forward to providing you a star trainee ASAP!